[Read Older Announcements]
- [Novemer 3, 2008] Exclusive New Song Available at IamSpencer.com. Michael has posted "The Count of Pennsylvania" on Spencer's blog, iamspencer.com, and urges us all to "get in on the landslide"...
- [February 4, 2007] New remastered MHJ + a bonus disc due 4/17/07. Read the details here.
- [January 27, 2007] New retrospective album due 4/17/07. Read the details here.
- [January 27, 2007] The score that Michael produced for The Last Kiss [Official Site] is now available on iTunes.
- [October 24, 2006] The documentary Before the Music Dies takes an inside look at how the music industry works against some its most original and compelling artists. Michael Penn is featured in the film, as well as such musicians as My Morning Jacket, Elvis Costello, Calexico, and Los Lobos. At the very least, watch the trailer... the first 30 seconds sent chills down my spine. Never heard someone call Ashley Simpson "real", nor do I ever wish to hear it again. This is a very important film and I recommend checking it out as soon as you can.
- [April 21, 2006] OnBunkerHill.com celebrates its 10th birthday this month. Wow. Can't believe it's that old!! I was only 19 when I started this... man, I was just a pup... but what a wonderful journey it's been. Thanks to all who helped make this site what it has been and what it's become.
- [August 2, 2005] MHJ is officially released today. Just learned that if you buy it in-store at Borders (NOT online), you get a bonus disc entitled "Cinemascope -- A Sampler of Incidental Music Recorded for the Screen in Stereo."
- Down By The Riverside (a)
- Infidelity (b)
- Girls Go (b)
- Harry Called (c)
- Pool Ballet (c)
- Theme (a)
- Alex (b)
- Nice Turkey (b)
- Arcade (a)
- Phyrogiants (b)
(a) From the film "The Comedians of Comedy"
(b) From the film "Melvin Goes to Dinner"
(c) From the film "The Anniversary Party"
- [July 26, 2005] From iTunes: Pre-order the new album on iTunes and get an exclusive track, "Down By the Riverside". The package also includes a bonus digital booklet and a downloadable video, but pre-ordering is the only way to get "Down By the Riverside". So what are you waiting for? Go get it! UPDATE 8/2/05: Some people have found that no video is being included with this item on iTunes. Make SURE you get what you're expecting if you purchase this at iTunes. If you don't get what you paid for, give 'em hell. -TL
- [June 27, 2005] A whole bunch of new tour dates (around two dozen) have been announced for this coming fall. Check out the appearances page for details.
Also -- A stream of Michael's upcoming album, Mr. Hollywood Jr., 1947, is now available off of his label's web site, spinART records.
- [May 6, 2005] REVISED: The new CD (Mr. Hollywood Jr., 1947) will be released on August 2, 2005.
- [April 2005] OnBunkerHill.com celebrates its NINTH birthday this year... wow. Thanks again to ALL who help make this site what it is... Michael, first and foremost. But also a huge thank-you to Spencer on the Pennlist, the Pennlist members, and all contributors to the site. Thanks so much. And special thanks to my wife, Lauren, for watching our 8-month-old twins as I continue trying to keep this up to date! -TL
- [April 5, 2005] Michael has released a sneak peek of the track "Walter Reed" from his upcoming album. Download the MP3 in its entirety here (3.4 MB) (Contact me if you have problems downloading this file.)
- [March 30, 2005] REVISED: The new CD (Mr. Hollywood Jr., 1947) will be released on August 9, 2005. (5/6/05: Revised again... see the Discography page for up to date info.)
- [March 9, 2005] The new CD (Mr. Hollywood Jr., 1947) will be co-released by United Musicians and SpinArt Records on June 28, 2005. More information from Reuters and Billboard. (Two links to the same story, in case one stops working.) Also check out the appearances page for the most recent cities MP will hit on his upcoming album release tour.
- [February 22, 2005] Select cities have been announced for MP's upcoming album release tour. Thanks to Spencer at the Pennlist for this information. More dates are forthcoming.
- [February 8, 2005] Great news from Spencer at the Pennlist:
A little of pre-news: There is a tour being planned for Michael. It
will be acoustic and cover 12-14 US cities. The details are currently
being nailed down and the current timing is looking like late April or so.
This tour will be small, and occur prior to the release of the cd. I
should have more info in a couple of weeks.
- [November 2, 2004] I'm now a dad... times two!! On July 28, 2004, my daughter Emma and son Owen were born happy and healthy. They're now three months old and my wife and I couldn't be happier...
As I noted in my last announcement (see 4/26/04 below), this has certainly adversely affected my ability to do much of anything with the site. Life is still crazily busy for my wife and me now with two children, but I'm trying to ease back into updating the site -- Especially because Michael has a new album on the way, hopefully coming out in Spring 2005. When that arrives, I plan to have info up on the site ASAP.
In the meantime, check out these two updates from Michael himself -- one from June 14, 2004 and another much more recent one from October 26, 2004. Michael is also reportedly recording a second leg to his upcoming album, and an Acoustic Vaudeville CD may also be in the works. Stay tuned...
- [April 26, 2004] IMPORTANT NOTICE: I always try to keep the site as up to date as possible. (Some sections are better/worse than others...) This particularly applies to Michael's appearances-- this information is, of course, very time sensitive... I don't want to leave out any shows and make you miss them!
But sometime this summer (July/August) my wife and I will be expecting twins (a boy and a girl!). Consequently, life will be getting a tad busy for me, more than it has ever been in all likelihood. I will do my best to keep the site updated, especially when Michael's next album is released (later this year, hopefully). But I suspect I'll lag behind in my updates. Family first. :)
If the site is looking too stale, until I can reclaim some free time you can always get your MP fix at either the Official MP Site or at Spencer's excellent Pennlist forum.
Thanks for your patience, and wish us luck!
[Read Older Announcements]
| Announcements | Appearances | Discography | FAQ | Links | Multimedia | Miscellaneous |
| Press | Site Info | Transcriptions | Main Menu |